Purpose: The American Samoa Community College is committed to provide all stakeholders including the community with the history of its accreditation statuses, reports, and actions taken.
Links to accreditation evidence may be found by visiting our Archive.
ASCC 2016 Accreditation Status: Warning
A Warning sanction is assigned when “an institution has been determined by the Commission not to meet one or more standards, and Reaffirmation for One Year is not warranted. When the Commission finds that an institution is out of compliance with the Commission’s Standards to an extent that gives concern to the Commission, it may issue Warning to the institution to correct its deficiencies, refrain from certain activities, or initiate certain activities, and meet the standards. The Commission may also issue Warning if the institution has acknowledged within its Institutional Self Evaluation Report or Special Report the deficiencies leading to serious noncompliance, and has demonstrated affirmative steps and plans to fully resolve the deficiencies within twelve months. The Commission will specify the time within which the institution must resolve the deficiencies and demonstrate compliance, generally twelve to eighteen months. During the Warning period, the institution will be subject to reports and visits at a frequency to be determined by the Commission. If Warning is issued as a result of the institution’s comprehensive review, reaffirmation is delayed during the period of Warning. The accredited status of the institution continues during the Warning period” (Referencing ACCJC Policy on Commission Actions on Institutions, Section III).
O le Lapataiga aloaia e tuuina atu pe afai “ua mautinoa e le Komisi e le i ausia se tasi poo ni alafua faataatitia e le Aoga, ma o le Toe Faamautu i le Tasi Tausaga e lē o tuu poloaia. Afai e maua e le Komisi se Aoga e le o tausisia alafua faataatitia a le Komisi ma tulai mai ai se atugaluga i le Komisi, e ono tuuina atu le Lapataiga i le Aoga e faasa’o ai nei lape, taofia le faatinoga o nisi galuega poo le amatalia o nisi galuega ma ausia alafua faataatitia. E ono mafai foi ona tuuina atu le Lapataiga e le Komisi pe a fai ua faailoa e le aoga i totonu o lana Ripoti o Iloiloga Faalotoifale poo le Ripoti Faapitoa lape ua mafua ai ona le ausia alafua faataatitia, ma ua faatino laasaga ma fuafuaga talafeagai e foia ai nei faaletonu i totonu o le sefululua masina. E faatulaga atu e le Komisi le taimi e tatau ai i le aoga ona foia faaletonu ma usitaia alafua faataatitia, pe a ma le sefululua i le sefuluvalu masina. A o faagasolo le vaitau o le Lapataiga, e faatulaga atu e le Komisi le tele o ripoti ma asiasiga mo le aoga. Afai o le tuuina atu o le Lapataiga e mafua mai le iloiloga atoa a le aoga, e faatuai le toe faamautu o le taualoa i tulaga tauaoaoga i le vaitau o Lapataiga. E faaauau pea le taualoa o tulaga tauaoaoga a le aoga i le vaitau o Lapataiga”.
2015: Order to Show Cause
- An Order to Show Cause is assigned when the Commission finds an institution to be in substantial noncompliance with ACCJC Eligibility Requirements, Accreditation Standards, or Commission policies.
- ASCC is required to submit a Show Cause Report by October 15, 2015. The report will be followed by a visit by a show cause external evaluation team.
- The Commission requires the institution to Show Cause why its accreditation should not be withdrawn by demonstrating that it has corrected the deficiencies noted by the Commission and is in compliance with the Eligibility Requirements, Accreditation Standards, and Commission policies.
- ASCC continues to be accredited during the period of Show Cause and until the Commission acts to either withdraw accreditation or when issues that gave to Show Cause are fully resolved and the institution is removed from sanction.
FAASILASILAGA FAALAUAITELE MO LE KOLISI TUUFAATASI O AMERIKA SAMOA.
Mo le silafia e le mamalu o le aufaigaluega aemaise tagata lautele;
- 0 loo tumau pea le avea o le Kolisi Tuufaatasi o Amerika Samoa ma Kolisi e taualoa i tulaga tauaoaoga a le lunaite Setete. (US Accredited Institution)
- O le faaiuga a le Komisi mo Aoga (Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges) na faia i le aso 7 lanuari 2015, o le tuuina lea o le Kolisi Tuufaatasi o Amerika Samoa i le tulaga o le Faaali Mafuaaga poo le Show CAUSE.
- E tatau i le Kolisi Tuufaatasi o Amerika Samoa ona tuuina atu lana ripoti i le Aso 15 Oketopa 2015, e tali fuaitau ai i lenei tulaga.
The official WASC ACCJC Public Disclosure Notice for ASCC's accreditation status is provided below:
2014: Comprehensive Review
2013: WASC Special Visit
- Team Report, June 2013 Action
- Commission Action Letter, June 2013 Action
- Commission Action Letter, November 2013 Action