Student Support and Learning Services (SSLS) provides consultation, scheduling, and tutorial services for the diverse populations of educationally underserved, challenged, traditional or non-traditional students to achieve their educational goals.
Other programs and/or departments that offer tutorial services that serve a target population are Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP), and Adult Education Literacy and Extended Learning (AELEL).
Student Learning Assistance (SLA) Center/Annex
The SLA Center offers free tutorial help for students to succeed in their courses.. This tutoring program provides quality academic support to all currently enrolled students who have identified a need for assistance. Tutorial services are available to walk-in and referred students for one on one assistance and/or small group sessions. This center also provides a computer lab for research and a quiet space for students to study. The SSLS program goals are:
- To assist students in becoming independent learners
- To identify students’ area(s) of concern
- To provide access to study skills resources, such as workshops and online support
- To assist students in mastering of a particular subject area
- To assist students in becoming active in the learning process
- To aid in the development of a positive approach toward learning
- To provide a supportive and encouraging environment where learning takes place at the students’ pace.
The SLA Center is located by the ASCC Cafeteria.
Contact Number: (684)699-9155, Ext. 479, or 461.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org