Counseling Services provides academic, career, personal, transfer, veterans, and diversity counseling. Counseling services assists with orientation of new students, implements outreach activities, offers crisis intervention, and follow-up and referral services. These services are provided to American Samoa Community College students and prospective students.
Counseling Services’ goal is to provide quality assistance that will create a safe, supportive, and affirming student environment. Counseling is available to the diverse student population to assist their needs. Counseling services include Academic Counseling, Career Counseling, Personal Counseling, Transfer/Alumni Counseling, Diversity and Tutorial Counseling, and Veterans Affairs Counseling.
- Provide scheduling assistance for students during registration;
- Provide student orientation on college information on policies pertaining to students and student access and services offered;
- Provide guidance for students in academic planning for career pathways to transfer to a four-year institution or gainful employment;
- Provide service referrals for students with low grades and/or students on academic probation.
- Provide services for career opportunities;
- Provide assistance for students seeking career/employment opportunities;
- Provide opportunities for students to participate in career related activities;
- Provide communication services for student success and advancement in their careers.
- Provide personal counseling for students.
- Provide services for transfer opportunities;
- Provide assistance for students seeking transfer opportunities;
- Provide opportunities for students to participate in transfer opportunities;
- Provide communication services for student success and achievement of career paths.
Diversity and Tutorial Counseling
- Provide services for students transitioning (access and admittance) into the College;
- Provide tutorial services for students;
- Provide assistance for students with diverse needs upon request.
Veterans Affairs (VA) Counseling
- Provide services for VA students’ access and certification.
For more information on VA services, please visit our Veterans Affairs page.
You Are Not Alone (YANA) is a support program that reaches out to students and other community members who are experiencing personal problems. Counselors are available to assist anyone who is in need of help. Peer Mentors are also available to help students who are not comfortable talking to counselors. If you need someone to talk to, or know of someone who needs help, contact the counselors at (684) 699-9155 ext. 326 during regular working hours. Contact emails: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
YANA after hours contact number: (684) 252-YANA or Crisis Hotline 24hrs Service (684) 699-4211