The Physical Education (PED) Department’s mission is to provide experiences that guide students in the process of becoming physically active for a life time. The department offers courses that fulfill the requirements for Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees. The department actively pursues athletic scholarships for those interested in continuing participation abroad and also provides continuous training for those athletes who intend to pursue athletic participation.
Click here to see a list of courses offered.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- perform basic fundamental motor skills
- explain the importance of stretching, warming up and cooling down
- describe the importance of physical activity
- explain the importance of physical fitness
- understand the rules, strategies and regulations of their specific sport
- explain the importance of proper nutrition and diet
- develop one's own personal daily fitness workout plan
- apply the knowledge gained for lifetime use
|Community Advisory Council||Chairperson and Faculty|
|Clayton Mahuka||Mr. Ed Imo, Chairperson|
|Arona Samoa||Samoa Samoa, Faculty|