The mission of the English Language Institute (ELI) Department is to help students with English deficiencies to improve their thinking, speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. Students reinforce these skills by engaging in community service. The ELI Department’s developmental courses prepare students for higher education and real life experiences.
Click here to see a list of courses offered.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Actively listen and engage in individual or group discussions and conversations.
- Engage in conversational styles, forms, and sound of English.
- Identify and apply basic college reading skills to describe, interpret, summarize, and make analytical judgments in reading selections.
- Apply the basic steps of the writing process to write well-structured sentences, paragraphs, and essays using critical thinking skills.
- Participate in learning activities using technology and service learning.
|Community Advisory Council||Chairperson and Faculty|
|Mrs. Tui Peau||Dr. Siamaua Ropeti, Chairperson|
|Mr. Jan Brugman||Ms. Florangel Calumpang, Faculty|
|Mrs. Tala Ropeti-Leo||Mrs. Ethel Sokimi, Faculty|
|Ms. Henrietta Olo||Mrs. Elisapeta Faalafi-Jones, Faculty|
|Mrs. Lise Sauni-Ale, Faculty|
|Mrs. Edna Niedo-Zarraga, Faculty|
|Mrs. Sa'ofetalai Faulkner, Faculty|