The Fine Arts Department provides educational services by offering courses that cultivate expression, emotion and creativity. Exposure to, and immersion in the creative arts will enhance and enrich academic studies, therefore, the department encourages students to engage and participate in all forms of the creative arts which includes the musical, the visual, and the theatrical arts. In addition, the department offers courses that allow students to study and appreciate the historical, the social, and the cultural aspects of music, art, and theatre. The department offers a course in the art of public speaking to enhance communication skills. This course fulfills the communication domain of the General Education Requirement. The Fine Arts Department also offers degrees in the areas of music and visual arts. These degree programs prepare students for a career in the creative arts or transferable to a four-year college or university. The Fine Arts Department is committed to educate and inspire students while broadening their life experiences through diversity in learning.
To meet this mission, the department offers the following degree and certificate programs of studies:
- Associate of Arts degree with an emphasis in Music
- Associate of Arts degree with an emphasis in Visual Art
Click here to see a list of courses offered.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- The Creative Process - Identify the technical and expressive aspects to create, and the ability to perform while developing competent artistic skills that are essential to the Fine Arts field.
- The Performing/Exhibition Factor - Enrich the creative process by exhibiting works of art or performing in public places, and demonstrating the study of the Fine Arts discipline while developing lifelong skills in the Arts as a professional.
- The Historical, Cultural, and Social Context - Appreciate, comprehend, and respect the historical, cultural, and social elements of the respective field in the Fine Arts
|Community Advisory Council||Chairperson and Faculty|
|HC Pulefaasisina Tuiasosopo||Mr. Kuki Tuiasosopo, Chairperson/Drama Instructor|
|Rev. Iasepi Uli||Regina Meredith, Visual Arts Instructor|
|Mr. Pati Pati||Poe Mageo, Music Instructor|
|Mr. Tavita Lemisio||Loretta Puaauli, Music Instructor|
|Mr. Uilisone Fitiao|