The mission of the Agriculture Community and Natural Resources Department (ACNR) of the American Samoa Community College is to provide educational services in general agriculture, agribusiness, family and consumer sciences, and natural resources management.
ACNR currently offers Associate of Science Degree with an emphasis in these areas. Courses are designed to serve both full-time and part-time students including those who may wish to transfer to four year institutions. The department strives to provide a solid educational foundation that will enable the students to succeed in their academic and career goals.
To meet this mission, the department offers the following degree and certificate programs of studies:
- Associate of Science degree in Agribusiness
- Associate of Science degree in General Agriculture
- Associate of Science degree Natural Resources
- Associate of Science degree in Family and Consumer Science
Click here to see a list of courses offered.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different career opportunities in Agriculture, Community & Natural Resources
- Understand the importance of Agriculture, Community & Natural Resources to the Samoan culture and the environment of American Samoa
- Apply the concepts and principles of science and technology needed for work in the field of Agriculture, Community & Natural Resources
- Utilize a knowledge base in Agriculture, Community & Natural Resources to adapt to social and economic changes and challenges
|Community Advisory Council||Chairperson and Faculty|
|Dr. Kristen Jensen||Mrs. Pauline Tuitele McFall, Chairperson|
|Mr. Ikenasio Sagaga||Mr. Ionatana L. Fasavalu, Faculty|
|Samuel Meleisea||Dr. Michael Otto Hansell, Faculty|
|Ms. Leiema Hunt|
|Mrs. Ianeta Ah Ping|
|Mr. Malagamalii Tavita Elisara|
|Mrs. Ruth Matagi|
|Mr. Kuki Edward Avegalio|